Monday, October 18, 2010

October 18, 2010
It has been 3 months. The longest 3 months of my life. It feels like years since the last time I got to hold Mason and see him. Emotionally, it feels like it's only been three months. I recently found out that October 15th is a day that is recognized by our country as a day of remembrance for all miscarriages and all still born children. I thought it would be a hard day, but it wasn't. I kept thinking about all the thousands of babies that have been stillborn and how special thay are. They didn't need a test, they just needed a body. I felt proud that Mason was among them. Of course we still miss him everyday, and if we had a choice we would want him here with us, but the reality of it is, we don't have a choice, so we are trying to make the best of it. On Friday (the 15th) I had a friend show up at my door with flowers and a card. Later that day I received another card from a cousin just letting us know that they are still thinking about us and praying for us. Neither of these peole knew that it was a special day. I am so greatful for such wonderful people in my life.

1 comment:

  1. What amazing friends! I have been grateful for moments like those during such hard times. I shared similar feelings on the 15th and it has been almost 7 years for our family.

    ReplyDelete