Thursday, October 21, 2010

I have had a lot of very sweet conversations with Talia, I was reminded of this one today.
A couple weeks after we lost Mason, I was sitting on the couch with Talia and she said, "Mom, is Mason all alone up in heaven?" I immediately reassured her, "No honey, there are lots of people up there with him, he is very happy." I could tell she wasn't convinced, and then she asked, "But who is there to take care of him?" I now understood why she was asking. She knew Mason as a baby, and she knows babies need to be taken care of. I knew she wouldn't understand if I tried to explain that his spirit wasn't a baby, so I thought for a minute and then decided to tell he about her Grandma Great. (that's what we call our great grandparents)  I told her about my Grandma Clouse that she never got to meet, she died when I was fifteen. I told her that Grandma Clouse loved her grandkids more than anything and that she was taking good care of our baby Mason. Then we looked at pictures, and then we both felt better.

2 comments:

  1. What a sweet conversation. You couldn't have explained it any better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet memory to record.

    ReplyDelete